none
Information Rights Management Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are currently having an issue with one user in an environment of 200 users that has an issue with opening an IRM protected spreadsheet.

They get this message "You are not signed in to Office with an account that has permission to open this workbook" and they are prompted to add an account.

I have checked the permissions on the workbook and they are fine and all other users are able to open it fine.

I have gone down the path of completely rebuilding the users profile on the local computer and they are still having the issues. I have also completely scrubbed the PC of the Office 365 client and reinstalled.

There are no error logs to speak of just the message that appears, one thing I have noticed is that when Excel is loading the workbook and it says that it is setting up IRM it sits on this screen for an extended period of time and flashes once like it is retrying and then comes up with this message like it is failing to setup IRM.

I have checked that the user is signed in to Office and I have also checked that when they protect a workbook themselves that they can see the templates.

Any help here is appreciated.

Thank you.
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:58 AM