none
No Data when Dimension Hierarchy Level Access restricted using Cube Roles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a filter tree view in a sharepoint site within a performance point dashboard. This filter is based on a dimension hierarchy with 4 levels.

We are using Kerberos, so for us the Cube Role based permission is perfect. I need a Role for restrict access to the top 2 levels of the dimension hierarchy, but the users with this role should be able to see all the members within the other 2 levels as following:

Level 1 (restricted)

Level 2 (restricted)

Level 3 

Level 4 

The problem is that with this restriction the user is not able to see anything. Is this the expected behaviour? If so, how can I archive the requierment?

Thanks and best regards,

Joss

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:18 AM

All replies

• Which type of security setting are you using under Data Source settings in performance point.

Moreover you can run a Profiler trance and check the user being passed on to Analysis Service from Performance Point.

Here is an alternate way:

PPS Data Connection Security with CustomData

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Thanks for your answer Umair,

We are using Per User Identity. We have all the configurations done for Kerberos.

But I am not sure that this is a expected behaviour. If so, I think it is a big limitation of the SSAS Cube roles, as there is no way to restrict access to the upper levels of any dimension without affecting the lower levels.

Best regards,

Joss

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:41 PM