Soundmax integrated digital audio dont work RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP xw4200 workstation with soundmax integrated digital audio hardware i cannot get a driver for Vista. The one installed does not produce any sound and there is an x mark palce at the speakers.
    Help
    Friday, October 27, 2006 11:40 AM

All replies

• I have soundmax intrgrated digital audio hardware too(using Asus P5RD1-VM motherboard). But when i doing a force install on that driver, is device is ok. The problem is here, when i install the device software, the windws got error for the sound driver, after that i can't install the sound driver anymore even i uninstall it and re-install again.
    Friday, November 10, 2006 7:17 PM
  • I can confirm that the issue happens on more than one computer. I have a Toshiba Qosmio F20-155 notebook and the automatically-installed audio driver does not produce any sound. Vista refuses other drivers, and if forced, Vista will fire a BSOD, die, and eventually fail to reboot unless the driver is removed from Safe mode.
    Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:05 AM
  • this happpened to me too........got vista with P5RD1-VM ASUS motherboard no sound!!! after searching for hours i came acroos a driver......and it worked!!! only thing now i can get my speakers to work in 5.1 surround sound!!!! hopefully i can find a the driver or the right software so it can detected my speakers in surround sound!! if somebody wants to try email it!
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:29 PM
  • pl send the asus P5GL-MX Audio driver for windows vista in the following mail speaker icon shown the task bar but no sound hear.

bachchu_tulu@yahoo.com

Monday, February 26, 2007 1:53 AM
  • Hi, I'm trying to enable 5.1 on my Asus P4P800 deluxe by VISTA.. but nothing!

PAC-MAN... I can't run your driver because need SMWDM.sys in VISTA folder!?!!

thank you

Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Same problem here. I can't get it to work with 5.1 surround. Only 4 speaker configuration seems to work. :(
    Friday, March 9, 2007 6:43 PM
  • I had to use XP drivers to get mine to work as there's no Vista support
    Friday, March 9, 2007 7:06 PM
  • the driver i posted.............let me have sound only.......i can get the 5.1 to work either.  So the xp drivers work on the vista to get 5.1 sorround sound??????? whats the file's name on the xp to get the 5.1 sourround sound to work?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:21 PM
  • Hello,  I have an IBM laptop z60M (2529-EAU) with the integrated High Definition Audio Device that doesn't work and MS Win Vista Business.    My high def audio device shows "working correctly" and the speaker has an "x" also just as Kwaya is seeing.  I have gone to Microsoft and we performed upgrades to the driver from MS Windows Vista but still no sound.  They sent me to IBM support and IBM support tells me that I need to get a high def audio device driver from soundmax.  Does anyone have any ideas on where I get that driver or have one?  Thanks....

Saturday, November 3, 2007 2:06 AM
  •  

When I use this zip file to install my audio driver,it warns like this"smwdm.sys is missing". How could it be,and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Sunday, November 25, 2007 1:31 PM