none
Hyper-V Initial replication not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Tech Net team, 

I have 2 node cluster Hyper-V where i have 14 VM's are running. recently i have configured Hyper-V replication on the cluster and replicated VM's to replica server and most of servers are replicated successfully. 

However, am facing issue with two servers while doing initial replica, the replication is enabled on the VM and replcated copy of VM created on replica server, but replication folder [initial replica via external media ] not creating any VHD files and not creating any copy of VM in order to import on Replica VM. 

All other VM i did same scenario via External media, and it was successfully but only two servers having this issue. 
    Hyper-Replication VM health report shows the error : General access denied error (0x80070005). (Virtual machine ID 5

If anyone face the same issue, or knows the fix for this kindly advise. 

Thank you in advance
    The VM HDD Size is 640  GB, 

Faris

Saturday, May 30, 2020 7:48 PM

Answers

• https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2249906/hyper-v-virtual-machine-may-not-start-and-you-receive-a-general-access
    • Marked as answer by Farispv Monday, June 1, 2020 3:31 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Hi Fairospv,

Please check the method in the following link about resolve Hyper V replication error "General access denied error".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HtQscfYORc

(Please note: The given technical support contact information belongs to a third party and may vary without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the information accuracy.)

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Farispv Monday, June 1, 2020 3:32 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2020 7:50 AM
  • Thank you so much for the link. 

its helped for me 

Faris

• Marked as answer by Farispv Monday, June 1, 2020 3:32 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2020 3:27 PM

All replies