none
How to add a new user from existing enterprise resource information in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• In the project server 2010, we can add a new user and assign it as a resource as well . Reversely, we have many existing enterprise resources was added through the importing project plan, how can I edit a resource's attributes to make it become a PWA user ?

BR

Tian-Song Tsai

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:26 AM

All replies

• Tian-Song Tsai --

Log into PWA with administrator permissions and then navigate to the Resource Center page.  Select the checkboxes for each resource that was added through the process of importing a project.  In the Editing section of the Resources ribbon, click the Edit Resource button.  In the Identification Information section of the Edit Resource page, select the Resource Can Logon to Project Server checkbox.  Fill in the Windows network user ID information for the selected resource in the User Logon Account field and then click the Save and Continue button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Hi Howard:

Thanks for your response. The problem is that I can't find the " Resource Can Logon to Project Server "  checkbox in the Edit Resource page, even I log in with administrator permissions.

Friday, May 24, 2013 12:23 AM
  • Tian-Song Tsai --

Do you have the Generic checkbox selected at the top of the page, by chance?  If so, that makes the Resource Can Logon to Project Server checkbox disappear.  Deselect the Generic checkbox and then click the Save button.  Open the resource for editing again and you should now find the Resource Can Logon to Project Server checkbox.  Let us know if this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:06 PM