none
Agent installation on workgroup RRS feed

• Question

• dear sir

I am trying to install agent on a work group computer outside my domain, I have a PKI running and the perticular computer does have a trusted relationship with the DPM Server. when I try to run the set dpmserver command after installing the agent  I get the following error.

SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName dpmserver.trusteddomain.com -isNonDomainServer -username dpmclient

Make sure that this computer is not part of a perimeter network. DPM does not support protection of computers on a perimeter network.

Enter the password for 'dpmclient' to connect to 'dpmserver.trusteddomain.com':

Retype the password to confirm:

Enter the password for 'dpmclient' to connect to 'dpmserver.trusteddomain.com':

Configuring dpm server settings and firewall settings for dpm server =[dpmserver.trusteddomain.com]

Error (ID 32700). This server does not have a fully qualified domain name. You must specify one of the following:

1.      The NETBIOS name for the DPM server.

2.      This server's DNS suffix in the -productionserverdnssuffix parameter. Do this if you want to use the fully qualified domain name of the DPM server.

To further troubleshoot failures with SetDpmServer, go to  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169142

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am unclear about something, you say this is a workgroup computer, but later mention there is a trusted relationship. Which is it? Is the computer in a workgroup or does it belong to a trusted domain?

The Setdpmserver error 32700 can be due to the user name specified conflicting with the NETBIOS name of the DPM server or protected computer. Please specify a different user name.

SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName dpmserver.trusteddomain.com -isNonDomainServer -username <use a username here, not the name of the protected server/client>

Thanks,

Marc

Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:42 PM