Outlook, Agenda, Sharing, Category, Colors, Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

We are using office 365. My colleague wants to share his Calender.

In his Calender some appointments are categorised with a specific color. When he shares his Calender, the other colleagues do not see his categorised colors. For instance: Training is categoris with a red color. The colleagus do not see this red color.

The strange thing is, I do see the red color and his categories. We all have the same permission level. We have search on the internet to find a solution but couldn't find anything. Has anyone an idea about what could be the cause?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Best regards, Marco

Saturday, January 18, 2020 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

You mean that only you can see the categories in the shared calendar, right?

>> The strange thing is, I do see the red color and his categories. 

How did shared the calendar? What's the specific permission you have?
    Share an Outlook calendar with other people
    How to open a shared calendar from an Outlook sharing invitation

I tested in my environemnt:

1. If I have "Edit" or "Can view all details" permission, I can see the categories in the shared calendar.
    2. If I have "Can view titles and locations" or "Delegate" permission, I can't see the categories in the shared calendar.

In this situation, please make sure you and your colleagues have the same version of Outlook client. You can ask them to upgrade their Outlook client.

Besides, please try removing the permission and re-ad the permission and test (make sure give them at least "Can view all details permission")

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:40 AM