OSD Background Question RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:40 PM
  • Perfect... Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:56 PM
  • I need some assistance if someone would be so kind.

I have been using this practice with 1 image background and using the Windows Boot Image to apply the settings... But now that I am wanting to do the DP I can't get to work... 

I have the vbs script here but this does not seem to work... Also If someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction to where I could reference this with %~dp0 instead of using my Primary Site server that would be great.  

Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

that approach will not work with the vbscript provided, since you set the background as a static image using the prestart command.

The script uses a logic to check what DP the referenced packaged is downloaded from and then displays that, when running this as a prestart command it will always return a blank value, since nothing have been downloaded from a DP.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:43 PM
  • So Should I start off my task sequence with Use MDT Toolkit and then reference the BGInfo exe?  If this is the case what is the best way to make this keep coming back after reboots?
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:49 PM
  • If you don't want to use the built-in 'Set Status' steps in the TS when you've integradet ConfigMgr with MDT you can create your own package that contains BGInfo.exe, background image and the script, and set it to run after reboot. Keep in mind that the DP will not display anything unless you refrence a package that has been downloaded after you've booted, thats why I used the Toolkit package since it typically is downloaded after each reboot.

You could just use the built-in 'Set Status' steps and just change the images that are loaded or refrence the same image at every 'Set Status' step and then modify the default .bgi files to contain whatever information you'd like. But keep in mind that you'll have to redo this if you upgrade MDT to a newer version.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:28 PM