Random second Exchange Account emails lock up in Outlook 2013. (2 Email Accounts Setup in Outlook 2013 Default and a second Account) RRS feed

• Question

• Random second Exchange Account emails lock up in Outlook 2013.  (2 Email Accounts Setup in Outlook 2013 Default(default domain for Exchange 2016) and a second Account another mail.domain that exists on Exchange 2016 server)   We have a need for an employee to send/receive emails under two separate domains.  

This works well most of the time.   At least once a month the employee has an issue with the second non default email account where an email they try and send get locked up in the outbox for the account.   No matter what I do I can't send that email.

The outlook client can send and receive email for the default account just fine.   It just does not connect to the exchange server for the secondary account.     If I reboot the computer, the emails in the outbox are gone and not sent and then I can send emails again for both accounts.   Then it works for another 30 days.     Not sure why this is happening.      

We are on Exchange 2016 CU9 fully patched in a DAG environment.   We are in co-existence with Exchange 2010.   All Mailboxes are moved off of Exchange 2010 Mailbox.   we are in the final days and almost ready to uninstall 2010.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeff Tresnak

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff Tresnak,

When issue occurs on Outlook, have you tried sending these message on OWA to see if it works normally?

Are there any error messages when you send the message?

We can also try recreating the send/receive settings file (<profilename>.srs) in case the send/receive settings file is corrupt. To do this, exit Outlook, navigate to the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

Find and rename the <profilename>.srs to <profilename>.old, then, restart Outlook and test the issue again.

If it doesn't help, we could create a new profile to check the result.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 21, 2018 6:04 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:02 AM
  • Message doesn't exist in OWA.   For some reason the second account can't connect to exchange.

No problem with primary account while this is happening.

Jeff Tresnak

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:50 AM
  • Hi Jeff Tresnak

Thank you for your update.

Have you tried the suggestion above? Does it work?

Regarding connection issue, you could refer to this article to see whether this is the case for you.

Just want to check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. 

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:26 AM