none
F-secure updating RRS feed

• Question

• How should I setup or who has the scripts to update F-secure?

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:31 PM

All replies

• You can prepare a signature update script for F-secure as described in your antivirus software manual.
    Friday, June 22, 2007 9:29 AM
  • I don't find any preparing of signature updating script for F-secure in their documentation if you have anyone who can help or if I should ask F-secure I would like to know what exactly I need in the script to make it work.

Thanks in advance

Monday, June 25, 2007 6:04 PM
  • hi.. if you're still interested:

I wrote the following script to perform daily update of f-secure 5.4, it still works and was run on several worksations for a few years. (win 2K and XP)- im sure you can modify slightly to work with "internet security 2008"
    The clue is to place the content of "latest.zip" - which you get from f-secure via ftp, in the fsecure "dbupdate" folder.

it could have had some errorhandling and made use of variables to be easier to customize, but -
    a quick edit is all it takes - and it works, so no need to handle errors really..

create the following two files in C:\Util, and run the cmd

ftp.txt
    Code Snippet

open
    ftp.f-secure.com
    anonymous
    mymail@nowhere.com
    type binary
    cd /anti-virus/updates/latest
    get
    latest.zip
    latest.zip
    close
    bye

then

Update-Fsecure.cmd
    Code Snippet

echo off
    cls
    c:
    cd \
    md f-secure
    cd f-secure
    md dbupdate
    del c:\f-secure\latest.zip /f /q

ftp -i -s:c:\util\ftp.txt
    del c:\f-secure\dbupdate\*.* /f /q
    c:\progra~1\winzip\wzunzip c:\f-secure\latest.zip c:\f-secure\dbupdate\
    xcopy c:\f-secure\dbupdate\*.* Y:\F-SECURE\DBUPDATE\ /i /r /h /y
    xcopy c:\f-secure\dbupdate\*.* c:\progra~1\f-secure\anti-virus\dbupdate\ /i /r /h /y
    exit

For this to work you will need winzip AND their command line plugin from the official winzip website
    you will have to open the firewall to allow the windows ftp client to get through, and you Will have to edit the
    script above to suit newer versions.

good luck -
    S
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:10 PM
  • I have used f.secure earlier but had full crash på my machine. Im trying to setup on my portable. Butcannot nedlast what must I do?

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:17 PM
  •  

I am going through the same process of trying to allow F-secure to update on a machine set up with Steady state. Whilst these scripts might work on a standard PC they look nothing like the example scripts that are supplied to work with Staedy state and I fear that Steady state would revert back any updates that these scripts downloaded and applied.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

These scripts should work fine.  As long as the scripts are run during SteadyState's update cycle, the changes that they make will be made permanent.  You can add the cmd script above as the "custom script" on the SteadyState Updates screen, or you can investigate modifying %sctpath%\xml\SoftwareUpdates.xml to allow SteadyState to automatically detect F-secure and run the script automatically.  There are some comments at the top of that XML file that should help you figure out how to add a new entry for F-secure.

If you do get it working, please post the file back to the forum so others can use it too Smile

Thanks

Rob Elmer

Development Lead

Windows SteadyState

Sunday, November 23, 2008 7:40 PM
  • Used a different method to get past the problem.

Created a small disk partition and mounted it to C:\Program files\F-Secure (Big enough to contain F-Secure files)

Installed F-Secure as normal.

Set up Steady state as normal.

The partition is not protected by Steady state so does not get reverted back.

Friday, January 30, 2009 9:33 AM