Prompt for login even IIS anonymous access is enabled RRS feed

• Question

• I setup a MOSS 2007 site and I would like to assign a user login as a public shared account. Thus I have configure a domain user (e.g. DOMAIN\share_acct) in IIS anonymous access. Thus every one access Sharepoint will default login as  the SHARE ACCT.

However when I complete the configuration, it still keeps for prompting me login box even anonymous access is set. I have tested many time to ensure DOMAIN\share_acct's password input correctly under IIS anonymous access. And I also verified that DOMAIN\share_acct have the access rights to Sharepoint (when the login prompt, I use DOMAIN\share_acct to login and able to access)

I really have no idea on how to troubleshoot for this. Anyone can advice for troubleshoot? Thanks.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 17, 2011 5:50 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, June 17, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

• What is your requirment ? do you need everyone should be access to the sharepoint anonymously ?
    Please check if you have anonymous access enabled in your web application level.

Thanks, Arun, Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:07 AM