Right click menu missing from taskbar of virtual applications RRS feed

• Question

• I have experienced a weird issue recently and just wanted to test the water to see if anyone else has seen the same.

Some applications dont have a right click menu from the task bar. When you right click them nothing happens. The expected result would be to get three options, the application name, an option to pin it and a close all windows option. But with this, no options appear at all.

I've seen this happen to three applications so far, but it can be quite intermittent. The one application i consistently do have issues with is portable database browser.

I sequence it on a windows 7 pc by just dropping the source files into y:\pddb and sealing it up. When the client opens on the sequencer the right click options are there. When i open the application outside of app-v on the server 2008 system it also has a right click menu.

I'm stumped!

anyone have any idea's?

Background:

We're a lightweight streaming services house, currently on 4.5 serving applications to 50+ xenapp 4.5 servers. I'm doing a Proof of Concept migration to xenapp 6 on server 2008 r2 and the lightweight streaming server 4.6 has been installed. We stream the applications locally using a powershell script run as a service account. Running the applicait

Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:44 AM

All replies

• I have seen this with OpenOffice, I think it's a by-product of the isolation. There's a related article on similar behaviour with Skype here: http://www.tmurgent.com/TmBlog/?p=419

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, May 30, 2011 9:49 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:55 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Cheers Aaron, I'll give Tim's suggestion a try.

keep up the good work.

A

Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Sadly Tim's recommendation with changing the compatibility mode was unsuccessful. This problem is only occuring for this one application which is acceptable in the grand scheme of things. If it starts to reoccur with more important applications I'll put a call through to support.

Thanks again for the help.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:06 AM