my decimal seperator is a dot instead of the comma. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are having the problem that in word 2016 the decimal seperator is a dot instead of the comma. I already swapped the dot and comma in region and language> additional settings. but this seemed to have no effect.
    Could you tell me if you know what maybe causing this problem and how I could fiix it.

Best regards,

Juan Ras

Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Juan,

>> I already swapped the dot and comma in region and language> additional settings. but this seemed to have no effect.

Could you please share us the detailed steps to reproduce the issue?

I tested in my environment by modifying the decimal separator via Region settings:

Then I checked in my Word 2016 and noticed that the decimal separator in Layout > Paragraph was changed to comma as expected:

Please feel free to post back if I have misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Juan Ras Monday, August 7, 2017 9:26 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 3:19 AM

All replies

• Have you changed the decimal separator in both the Number and Currency tabs of Additional Settings?

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Hi Juan,

>> I already swapped the dot and comma in region and language> additional settings. but this seemed to have no effect.

Could you please share us the detailed steps to reproduce the issue?

I tested in my environment by modifying the decimal separator via Region settings:

Then I checked in my Word 2016 and noticed that the decimal separator in Layout > Paragraph was changed to comma as expected:

Please feel free to post back if I have misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Juan Ras Monday, August 7, 2017 9:26 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 3:19 AM
  • I have indeed
    Friday, July 21, 2017 7:45 AM
  • I have already done what you have shown. But the problem still persists, I'm now going to try to install office 2016 professional

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Hi Juan,

Have you tried repairing Office via Control Panel before reinstalling?

By the way, does this issue affect other applications like Excel?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:50 AM