Your Microsoft account requires attention to get Insider builds RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 10 TP on a second hard disk and have successfully installed updates up to Build 10166. I cannot update to Build 10240. When I "Check for Updates" I get a window opening which says "Insider build settings need attention" and I am told to Fix me. Clicking on Fix me on the Advanced Update page only allows me to stop getting Insider Builds.

I have always logged in with my Microsoft account, Mail, Cortana and Store work just fine.

I have also been testing Windows 10 TP in a Oracle Virtualbox (on Windows 7) and had no trouble updating that to Build 10240 but I don't use this setup to do much testing and experimenting with the features of Windows 10.

I want to continue in the Insider program and I am worried that I will not be able to install updates as they come through.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:36 PM

All replies

• I would create a new profile on this machine and then be sure that you add your Microsoft account to it through the windows update advanced section. Make sure you're on the correct ring setting and then check for updates again. I should note it can take 24 hours to pull new builds when you do this.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:29 PM