none
"all restricted application packages" - is this a microsoft program? RRS feed

• Question

• all restricted application packages, is this just another program foisted on YOUR customers without ANY TYPE OF permission?

All I can say is Stop it, I do not want it, I did not ask for it, why should you be able to do what you like on MY PRIVATE COMPUTER?  If this is just american, how come you have permission to do this to someone WHO IS NOT FLAMING AMERICAN.  All you care about is money.  GET IT OFF.

Saturday, September 1, 2018 7:44 AM

All replies

• are you talking of the folder permissions?
    see Folder permissions include "ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES"
    Saturday, September 1, 2018 12:50 PM
  • Hi, bugrit
    Are you talking about the special system folder permissions?
    If so, we can see as below: In the properties of the System32 folder -> Security tab->Group or user names, we can see two special groups,ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES and ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES.

It's part of Windows, we have it in our Windows folder and our system32 folder. "ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES" seems to be new in the last Windows 10 versions.
    The two groups are special system groups used to grant access to objects by "Windows Store" apps or "UWP" apps or whatever MSFT is calling them,as they need to execute files from these directories..  
    It's not available for general users to edit to add or remove it to folder or files. It's defined by system itself.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 3, 2018 2:47 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 7, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this issue has any update. Also, for the problem, is there any other assistance we could provide?

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:16 AM