none
need to copy a .dll file to system 32 during MDT task sequence. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a .dll file which i need to copy to C:\windows\system32 during image creation using MDT. How can i do this? Should i be creating a 'command line' or 'Script' in task sequence or how it can be done? Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
    Sunday, June 21, 2015 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can do as you please. I like to create custom applications for things like this.

Even though it's just one DLL, you could paste the dll in the scriptroot folder or deployroot folder, but then if you mitigate your server or reconfigure your mdt environment custom scripts and files in those folders are often overlooked.

Therefor I would create a custom application with the installation string:

copy file.dll /y or wrap the action in a Install.cmd so you can perform multiline commands.

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by R Andy Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:06 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 8:03 AM
  • Should be fairly standard commandline stuff ie:

robocopy . %windir%\system32 blah.dll

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can do as you please. I like to create custom applications for things like this.

Even though it's just one DLL, you could paste the dll in the scriptroot folder or deployroot folder, but then if you mitigate your server or reconfigure your mdt environment custom scripts and files in those folders are often overlooked.

Therefor I would create a custom application with the installation string:

copy file.dll /y or wrap the action in a Install.cmd so you can perform multiline commands.

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, June 22, 2015 8:03 AM
  • So here is what i am planning to do. In my folder i have .dll file and install.cmd command to move this .dll file to following location. I will import it as an application and it will copy the source folder in applications in MDT.

Now what will the command line to copy the .dll file to C:\windows\system32 location?

• Edited by R Andy Tuesday, June 23, 2015 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Should be fairly standard commandline stuff ie:

robocopy . %windir%\system32 blah.dll

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:09 PM