Extra User Information when Sharing RRS feed

• Question

• When sharing content in SharePoint a user is presented with a person's display name to identify that person. Is it possible to display extra information here? For example the person's department?

I'm looking for a solution that only impacts the sharing dialog box, but couldn't find anything when searching online.

Monday, September 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Your request is not achievable currently.
    There is a similar request on the SharePoint User Voice Platform:
    https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/33898096-show-additional-user-details-in-sharepoint-online

This is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What‘s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,
    Sarah Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

I have noticed the sharing settings dialog box displays a person's Job Title in addition to their display name (I hadn't noticed this before as very few people have populated their job title in my organisation).

Is there any way this can be altered? For example instead of utilising the job title field, could we use department instead?

If so, what other areas would be affected by this (in addiiton to the sharing dialog box)?

Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

There is no way you can change this.

Instead, during searching for name, you can hover your mouse over one search result and see the email address of that person.

Best Regards,

Sarah Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 21, 2018 2:09 AM