none
The restrictions that are available to Internet Explorer for Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any options for windows 7 to create restrictions in IE 8 or above as mentioned in the below link (In this article they gave the ways to restrict in IE 6 with windows xp environemt).

Could you please suggest the same way of restrictions in windows 7 as well..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823057/en-us

Thanks,

UdayaKumar S

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Actually i want to disable all the shortcuts in IE 8 and above using GPO. Suggest me on this please

Thanks,

UdayaKumar S

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please explain a bit for what the shortcuts in IE 8 indicate? Or which settings is similar with your requirements in the link (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823057/en-us) you posted? Please tell more details about your restriction.

Group policies are different between IE versions. And IEM(Internet Explorer Maintenance) could not be used on IE10 and above (instead we use Group policy perference or group policy template).

Besides, we could fully customize IE with IEAK. If you would like to see for more details of IEAK:

Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) Information and Downloads

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:19 AM
  • Hi Michael,

We are using IE 8 32bit version, In the provided link we have the options to disable all the shortcuts in IE but it will support only windows xp(as mentioned in article). My query is, can we have the options to disable all the IE shortcuts in windows 7 machines as well?

We are creating a Kiosk mode of portal application (which launch through IE). I came across all the modules and completed/ fulfilled all the security requirements through GPO, expect this(Disabling Shortcuts inside IE).

Could you please suggest me on this.

Thanks,

UdayaKumar S

Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Hello there,

Which one? In the KB you mentioned,

this?  NoBrowserContextMenu  this is the right-click menu.

Please point the settings out.

Or explain clearly about your all IE shortcuts. Confused about what it is.

Rgds

Friday, June 20, 2014 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

My query is simple, i want to disable all the IE shortcuts like Ctrl+W, Ctrl+L,etc.,  through GPO. Is anyway to do it?

We need to implement this GPO for our kiosk project requirement.

Thanks,

UdayaKumar S

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am afraid there is no options through registry/group policy to turn off the keyboard shortcut keys in IE. As they are built-in and can't be controlled by a registry or group policy.

Besides, see if the following threads could help:

How to disable keyboard shortcuts in IE7 / IE8

Disable HotKeys in Internet Explorer 8

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 23, 2014 12:56 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I already asked my query in that forum (provided 1st thread) and the second thread is the same which i gave for an example in this same forum and mentioned, its for windows xp. But we need this to be implemented in windows 7 machines.

Anyway thanks, let me try some other options.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:48 AM