Registy quesion RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I was wondering if there's a list of all folders affected by the various subkeys under "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace" key? If I wasn't in the process of reloading my desktop after a severe driver failure, I'd run more of a such online, but yeah.. I kind of need to get it up and running ASAP for school.

I know the keys there relate to, for example, the Librares folder in the left pane of Windows Explorer, but there's more keys than there are folders and I'd rather not break something by messing with them.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

There are many subkeys there, some of them depend on the software you installed. There's no completed list of that keys.

If you have a backup, the easist way is to do a system restore.

If you do not have a backup, please give us more detailes of the the issue you have.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 1, 2011 5:32 AM