none
Internet Explorer Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever an add on opens up or a pop up, I get "Internet Explorer has stopped working"  I tried the advance setting reset but that didn't help.  This morning I went to print my tax documents in turbo tax and once again it errored.  The rest of the site stays open, but it's primarily the pop up screens that error.  Thanks

Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please test the issue in No Add-ones Modeand see how it works.

If it works, please carefully check your add-ones.

Secondly, you can temporary disable your security application and see how it works.

If issue persists, I suggest collecting memory dump files via the following steps.

How to collect the Memory Dump files

===========================

1. Please download Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4tool.

2. Double click winsdk_web.exe to install it to the default location.

3. Please select “Debugging Tools for Windows” option under “Common Utilities”.

4. Click Next to finish installation.

Please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Please create a folder in C:\ and name it as “dumps”

2. Launch Internet Explorer. (Note: Please do not access any website at this time)

3. Click “Start”, type “cmd” in Search Bar and click it to run.

4.Type the command “cd C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows” and press Enter.

5. Type the command “Adplus –crash –pn iexplore.exe –o C:\dumps” and press Enter. (Note: the o is character not the number)

6. Try to access the websites. If IE crashes, please reload it and close it.

7. Located to “C:\dumps”.

8. Choose all files and right-click, select “send to”—“Compressed (zipped) folder”.

9. Upload the zipped file.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 12, 2012 9:26 AM