SQL 2005 Job stoped working at jobs with For Each Loop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a question: Why does my packages stop failing ? The packages stoped after may 9 , I cannot find any updates that has been done. I have nodes with windows 2008 r2 machine  and SQL 2005 installation. 

I get the following error:

.00.4035.00 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.    Started:  16:06:40  Error: 2011-06-06 16:06:47.48     Code: 0xC0014023     Source: Foreach Loop Container      Description: The GetEnumerator method of the ForEach Enumerator has failed with error 0x80070002 "The system cannot find the file specified.". This occurs when the ForEach Enumerator cannot enumerate.  End Error  DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).  Started:  16:06:40  Finished: 16:06:47  Elapsed:  6.957 seconds.  The package execution failed.  The step failed.

- Why does the error says "The system cannot find the file speciified" I do not use any file's records outside the database. The ForEach Loop Container is configurated with Enumerator : Foreach ADO enumerator  and uses the Rows in the first table option.  

I thought it may be a SQL command in wich i used to many record, so i tweaked MacConnurrentExecutables and More... after cutting up the sql command i was able to run the packages only once.. I could not reproduce.

I am considering to use the 32 bit DTExec , as spoken here at connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/127182/foreach-enumarator-ado-generates-file-not-found-error

But when i use debug mode in 32 bit , I cannot start al the jobs? How  would you do it?

Komt deze foutmelding vaak, soms of altijd voor?
    Monday, June 6, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• I was refferring to setting the debug mode to false at the 64-bits option. But what really really helped.. (thnks to MS support!) was :

copy the following file  adodb.dll (from my desktop)  to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn 

because there was no Business Studio or Client components installed on the server  , these files where missing, I don't know why these components where missing but i think it might be an update (may 2011) .I had to put it manualy there ,
    (re)installing would have done the job also.

hope this wil help somebody else.

• Marked as answer by GhiB Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:09 AM

All replies

• I don't understand what you mean by "when i use debug mode in 32 bit , I cannot start al the jobs?"

Do you not know how to start a job in 32-bit mode using SQL Agent?  Or is there another problem?

Todd McDermid's Blog Talk to me now on
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:34 PM
  • I was refferring to setting the debug mode to false at the 64-bits option. But what really really helped.. (thnks to MS support!) was :

copy the following file  adodb.dll (from my desktop)  to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn 

because there was no Business Studio or Client components installed on the server  , these files where missing, I don't know why these components where missing but i think it might be an update (may 2011) .I had to put it manualy there ,
    (re)installing would have done the job also.

hope this wil help somebody else.

• Marked as answer by GhiB Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:09 AM