locked
App-v applications failing to deploy after an inplace win 7 to win 10 1809 upgrade RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi all,

    We are currently working on an in-place upgrade from win 7 to Win 10 1809, using SCCM.

    We are enabling App-v during the task sequence - and app-v apps already installed on the win 7 device work once upgraded to win 10. However we are unable to deploy new apps to these devices. I have now test 5 devices and i get the excact  same errors in the CCM Client logs. 

    The windows 7 devices have App-V 5.1 sp6 istalled pre-upgrade.

    This happens on all machines, if they have had app-v applications before the upgrade or not.  and I'm just wondering if anyone has come across anything similar before?

    thanks

    AppVPackageQueryClient5X::GetPackageDataByPackageGUID() failed for virtual application [9c691756-0422-46a1-bbce-4b6f8fbf9036]. (0x87d01290)
    CAppV5XHandler::DiscoverIndividuleApp() failed. (0x87d01290)
    +++ Discovery of application [AppDT Id: ScopeId_FB33B31E-0807-4478-801D-E8E466F206F1/DeploymentType_398b505d-94df-4f28-a97d-f518efa2acca, Revision: 2] returned an error (0x87d01290).
    CAppV5XHandler::DiscoverApp() failed. (0x87d01290)
    Deployment type detection failed with error 0x87d01290.
    Failed to perform detection of app deployment type test_App_8.5.0_V01 - Microsoft Application Virtualization 5(test_App_8.5.0_V01 - Microsoft Application Virtualization 5, revision 2) for system. Error 0x87d01290

    Monday, October 21, 2019 1:23 PM

All replies

  • It seems you also use SCCM to deploy your App-V packages too.... Are you able to add a app-v package manually to the workstation... just to rule out the deployment method.

    Have a look at this Topic, sounds like the issue you'er facing.


    Roy Essers

    Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:42 AM
  • thank you, i have been through that article but I think my scenrio falls under the following , As we are not seeing XML errors, and the CMDLET works as it should. Manually installing an APP-V package works

    • We have found some computers have no XML errors and the cmdlet works fine, but 0x87d01290 is still present. Still looking into this scenario.
    Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:35 AM
  • Try do deploy a package which has FB2 configured… meaning while sequencing, prepare the package to download fully in cache.

    Roy Essers

    Saturday, November 2, 2019 2:55 PM