none
Add account as a manager from domain to another.

Question

• Hi,

I have ticketing system which uses the manager attributes in the user account object  to approve the work flow the issue that i can not add a manager from domain to another on a specific accounts.

please advice.

Bahloul.

• Edited by M.Bahloul Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:36 AM
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:27 AM

All replies

• hi Bahloul,

just to clarify, by domain you mean active directory domain , is that correct?

assuming YES so your issue is that you are not able to query usr account object attributes from like using LDAP from the other domain?

would you confirm and shed some light on the exact scenario so that we can answer you ASAP

Thanks

Mahmoud

Thanks Mahmoud

Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:42 AM
  • Hello Mahmoud,

it is not a query it's updating  users attributes the attribute is Manager it's shown below :-

i need to add the manager from another domain which is already trusted ( forest wide trust two way ).

Regards,

Bahloul,

Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:32 AM
  • hi Bahloul,

Thanks for your reply. if it's updating the attribute then it means the user account used should have "write" permission on that user object even on the other forest in case there is trust already in place.

can you try to manually update user attribute from target forest "manually" using same user account and see if you get access denied or another error?

that would be first step because if you verify it's successful when done manually then we can check from the ticketing system .

hope this suggestion helps and kindly mark it as helpful if it helps

Thanks Mahmoud

Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:06 AM