Accounts for SCOM Watcher Node with Multiple Pools RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently working working in an organisation that has 3 central sites.
    Each central site uses two standard edition servers which are pool pair, and configured as active/passive.

I have deployed a single SCOM 2016 Watcher node and have a question around the accounts required. 

When I am creating accounts to use on the watcher node to use synthetic transactions, should I configure accounts and home them on each of the pools, in each world region?  I think the answer is likely to be yes, as the synthetic transactions will be against each pool I have, but just need confirmation of this is the first time I've configured SCOM/Watcher nodes to monitor Lync/Skype.   

If that is the case, then I will need to configure 2-3 accounts per pool.  e.g. 3 accounts homed in the active EMEA pool, a further 3 accounts homed in the EMEA passive pool, and ditto for the other world regions where SFB is installed?

One further question, do these account still require Lync client licenses as they are only being used for monitoring?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" or "Propose As Answer".

Friday, March 23, 2018 4:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forum.

In my opinion, when you creating accounts to use on the watcher node to use synthetic transactions, you should configure accounts and home them on each of the pools.

I will share a document for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt169385.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt169383.aspx

<< One further question, do these account still require Lync client licenses as they are only being used for monitoring?
    For this question, in my opinion, I think you need office license is ok.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by paul.hawkins Monday, March 26, 2018 9:01 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2018 3:16 AM
  • Thanks Alice,

The references you supplied seem to confirm my initial thoughts:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt169385.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

"
    You should assign at least three test users for each pool that you want to test"

Thanks for your assistance.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" or "Propose As Answer".

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:04 AM
  • You are welcome, if you have other question about SFB, welcome to post in our forum.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:14 AM