Connect lync with other sip clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Very Simple Question: Is it possible to connect third party sip client's with lync server?

I have a user named "user1" LineURI "5000" and enterprise voice is enabled. I was trying to connect a sip client(3cx), to my front end server with the below credentials: But unable to register.

User: user1  ID: 5000 Password: user1's password

I want to connect this only for audio conversation.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Are you meaning the other sip clients that can logon to lync front end server?
    There is no such sip client.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, April 29, 2013 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:51 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 5:46 AM
  • The only mobile devices that supports multiparty video (conferencing) are Windows 8 /RT devices.

Although other mobile devices like windows 8 phone, Android, and iPhone can now use voice and video over IP peer to peer, they are not able to perform multiparty video.

Multiparty video and viewing of shared content are now the only two things missing on the mobile phone platforms.

Regards
    Ben

Friday, April 26, 2013 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To make use of legacy SIP devices with Lync you will need to call upon a third party. There are a number of solutions available, the ones I am familiar with are NET and Audiocodes.

The Audiocodes flavour can be integrated into an existing AC gateway if you use one, or used as a separate application and is the one I am familiar with;

http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-gb/applications/audiocodes-sip-phone-support-sps-12884907715

NET provide a product called SmartSIP that I only know of, and have no real world experience of;

http://www.net.com/pages/Product.aspx?pgid=229

I believe there are other similar products available, but in answer to your question; Yes it is possible with third party integration, but not an out of the box feature.

Kind regards
    Ben 

Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Hello Bend-y,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other sip clients that work with lync. I am talking about soft phones like lync client on mobile device. I have a iphone and looking for any other client softwares like lync 2010 client.

I hope you understand my requirement.

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:53 AM
  • Hi,
    Are you meaning the other sip clients that can logon to lync front end server?
    There is no such sip client.

Kent Huang

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Hello,

Yes that's what I was talking about. Actually I was willing to replace my existing telephony system(asterisk) with Lync. As users are connecting with different sip clients, I was looking for a solution to use same clients for lync.

One more question. Is it possible to make audio and video conferencing from mobile devices with lync 2010 client. I am having trouble with a/v in mobile phones but IM works very well. I have lync 2013 server.

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:54 AM
  • The only mobile devices that supports multiparty video (conferencing) are Windows 8 /RT devices.

Although other mobile devices like windows 8 phone, Android, and iPhone can now use voice and video over IP peer to peer, they are not able to perform multiparty video.

Multiparty video and viewing of shared content are now the only two things missing on the mobile phone platforms.

Regards
    Ben

Friday, April 26, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

If you replace existing telephony system with Lync, it is easy to deploy several types of Lync clients software for your users. For more details about clients for Lync Server:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398996(v=ocs.15).aspx

For your second question, you can also refer to Mobile Client feature comparison tables:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh691004.aspx

Kent Huang

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:32 AM