none
Kill inactive sessions on a windows 2012 R2 terminal server

Question

• Hi guys,

I've been trying to configure a GPO to kill inactive sessions on a W2K12 R2 terminal server but I can't seem to be able to get it done.

I went to Computer Settings > Policies > Admin templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > RD Session Host > Session Time Limits and configured:

1) Set time limit for d/c sessions -> 30 minutes

2) set time limit for active but idle sessions -> 30 minutes

3) End session when time limits are reached -> Enabled

I've checked and made sure the policy is applying to the server in question by running gpresult /r /scope:computer

The problem is that, after 30 minutes, the user sessions that are inactive are still not killed, and they sit there in a disconnected state using memory resources that they shouldn't.

Am I missing something? Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Configure it in Collection Properties

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    (This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread).

• Marked as answer by ThaNa70s Friday, March 10, 2017 3:26 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 10:18 AM

All replies

• I'm unable to see that tab, I can only see Overview and Servers. What extra features do I need to add?
    Friday, March 10, 2017 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

The server that I'm trying to configure was not installed by me and I have no documentation on it. It only has the RD Session Host feature installed, and I have no clue how to find out which server is the connection broker :/

Friday, March 10, 2017 11:37 AM
  • Thanks for the command, very neat.

This is what i'm getting when running it however: The RD Connection Broker server is not available.

Anyway, I've marked your post as answer because that should do the trick to my question. Not finding where stuff is is entirely my fault so I'm not gonna look for further support on that side.

Many thanks once again

• Edited by ThaNa70s Friday, March 10, 2017 3:28 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 3:28 PM