Multipe Deployment shares for each OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, i have inherited an already setup system from a previous employee.

They have created a separate deployment share for each OS, Win7 8 and 10.

Previously i have always put all OS deployments in the same share and setup different driver folders etc for the specific OS.

I have looked around Google etc and can't find any reason for having a separate deployment share for each OS, is this a correct conclusion or am i missing something?

Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:07 AM

Answers

• MDT has no issue with multiple OSes.  As long as the version of MDT and ADK support those OSes you are fine.  This was probably done by someone who feels more comfortable keeping them separate maybe to lessen their confusion.
    • Marked as answer by pgilbert11 Friday, June 24, 2016 11:08 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:26 PM
  • No, I run a production share that runs Win7, Win8, and Win10. I would presume somebody wanted to sandbox them, but I don't see why it would be necessary. Never seen anything that would suggest this is best practice.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:58 PM

All replies

• MDT has no issue with multiple OSes.  As long as the version of MDT and ADK support those OSes you are fine.  This was probably done by someone who feels more comfortable keeping them separate maybe to lessen their confusion.
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:26 PM
  • No, I run a production share that runs Win7, Win8, and Win10. I would presume somebody wanted to sandbox them, but I don't see why it would be necessary. Never seen anything that would suggest this is best practice.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:58 PM
  • Thank you

Thats what i thought, just wanted to confirm.

Friday, June 24, 2016 11:09 AM