none
ARR Proxy Load Balance Affinity RRS feed

• Question

• I have two exchange servers.  I upgrade the certs the other day.  After, I updated the cert on our ARR proxy.  After that LB just started having issues.  With both servers enabled login fails.  With one enabled it works fine.  It's like I've lost affinity. 

Anyone else have this issue?  How would I go about testing and resolving it? 

Both Exchange servers appear to be healthy.  The ARR Proxy appears to be correct. 

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:36 PM

Answers

• Turns out one of the Exchange servers just needed a reboot.  A few days after updating the certificates the old cert expired.  I ended up with some mail delivery delays.  After removing the expired certificates and rebooting everything cleared up.  I suspect the Exchange services hadn't properly let go of the expired cert.

The lesson for me is to ensure I remove the expiring certificate after updating.  

David Jenkins

Monday, December 16, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi David L. Jenkins,

According to your description above, the issue seems to be caused by the certificate operation.

You mentioned you upgrade the certs, does this mean you renewed the certificate? 

Please check the part of certificate setup in the following article, make sure you have right steps

Application Request Routing for Microsoft Exchange Server

In addition, you could also see if there is any related error log in the event viewer.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:24 AM
  • Turns out one of the Exchange servers just needed a reboot.  A few days after updating the certificates the old cert expired.  I ended up with some mail delivery delays.  After removing the expired certificates and rebooting everything cleared up.  I suspect the Exchange services hadn't properly let go of the expired cert.

The lesson for me is to ensure I remove the expiring certificate after updating.  

David Jenkins

Monday, December 16, 2019 3:41 PM