GetSystemTimeAsFileTime RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, it seems a Windows 7 update from August of 2014 was responsible for reducing the time resolution accuracy of GetSystemTimeAsFileTime via API and setting it at milliseconds rather than sub-milliseconds as before.  This is causing issues when reviewing personal application logs that have a sub-millisecond timestamp on them and resulting in randomly sorted records and incorrect investigations.  I was hoping to learn which update explicitly did this, because currently I am only left with a system restore to before Aug1 as my option whereas I would prefer to simply uninstall the aforementioned update.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:12 PM

All replies

• This is an issue more appropriately discussed in one of the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums found @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer-communities-msdn where they delve into the inner workings of the operating system.

These forums are geared toward the End User instead.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:54 PM
  • Okay thank you very much.  I'll take my inquiry there.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:30 AM
  • No, this was resolved on the aforementioned forum.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:22 PM