none
Does Project KB2817337 includes KB2727085? RRS feed

All replies

• Both the updates are hotfix for MS project professional 2013 hence December Hotfix will not contain October Hotfix. If you want to install hotfix then you should install both the hotfix one by one first oct then dec one.

HOTFIX--Hotfix is Quick fix for certain bug/issue each hotfix is independent from other hotfix and does not       contain previous hotfix of that product family.

CUMULATIVE UPDATES--Whereas Cumulative Updates contain all the hotfix and Cu released previous to. It means you always go for latest CU because it will contain all the previous CU , Only sometime Cu will have some dependency on other Cu i mean to say you have to install specific Cu then only you can install next Cu because that specific Cu will work as Base Cu for product.

I.e. March 2013 Cu for project server 2013 or when MS releases service pack then all the upcoming Cu will need that Service pack as base.

SERVICE PACK-- Service pack contain all the CU up till that day.

I would recommended you to update your product from Cumulative updates rather than Hotfix. If issue is severe and yo ucan not wait for next one or two  month then only choose for hotfix

MS releases Cumulative update on second week of alternate month for project professional and project server .   

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 31, 2014 4:04 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 3:46 AM
  • Many thanks for your answer.

My question was because I have Project Professional 2013 with December Hotfix 2727085 (15.0.4551.1007) and when I tried to install October Hotfix it says that there are no products affected by this update.

So, I thought that it was already included. I tested this on more than one Project pro.

Edit: December KB is NOT a hotfix, is an "Update" according to the kb.

Friday, January 31, 2014 3:03 PM
  • This is because you have installed dec hotfix which upgrade the MS project professional version 15.0.4551.1007 that is why after installing oct it says that there are no product affected by this update.

I would suggest you to install dec 2013 Cu for Ms Project Professional or wait for new one.

Edit: December KB is NOT a hotfix, is an "Update" according to the kb.(then it will include oct hotfix.)

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 31, 2014 3:09 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 3:05 PM