none
DPM: inconsistent replica RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have servers that are backed up by DPM. I have inconsistent replicas, I have done consistency and synchronization checks several times, but the problem remains unchanged.
    Do you know how to fix this DPM backup problem?
    Thank you in advance!
    Thursday, October 15, 2020 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please share below information so that I can assist you with this issue.

1. What is the DPM version you are using along with UR version?

2. What type of datasources having issues with the backup. 

3. What is the data source version? If you are backing up SQL, mention the SQL version, if it is Hyper-v VM, mention the host OS version etc. 

4. Could you please paste the failed job details? Go to the monitoring tab, go under failed job section and copy the failure details. 

5. Any changes have you made recently after which backup started failing?

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:03 AM
  • Hi,

1) Data Protection Manager 2016 Version 5.0.525.0 ur9

2) virtual machine

3) sql server 2014, host OS windows server 2012R2

4) the storage for the current operation could not be read or changed. (ID 40003)

Thanks for your answer

Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the information, 

By looking at the error code, it looks like you are hitting a known issue  where REFS is unable to create new clones in REFS due to some REFS leak corruption. Could you open DPMRA on the DPM Server and look for error : 0x8007015B. If this error code does not appear in DPMRA logs, we might need to look it from different aspect. 

If you find the above Error code, follow below action plan. 

We need to repair the REFS leak using REFS utility tool. Follow below steps:

1. Stop all the DPM related services. 

2.Open an administrative command prompt and run the below command.

refsutil leak X: /x /a /t 6  (Where X: is the drive letter of the MBS volume hosting the problematic data source)

3. After it completes, Start DPM services and take a new backup for the concerned data source. 

Try it and let me know. 

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:54 PM