Dynamic distribution group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have created dynamic distribution groups in Office 365. But users would like to exclude some members in a dynamic group, is that possible?

Brgds, Marika

• Edited by Marika S Friday, February 3, 2017 12:56 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2017 12:16 PM

Answers

• But is there a way for users in Outlook to exclude members?

They would like to add a group and check members and the ability to exclude a few members only for this mail.

//Marika

This is not possible via Outlook client. And to the best of my knowledge, this is no such an option in Office 365.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Marika S Monday, February 20, 2017 12:57 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Marika,

You can add the filter to exclude the user in existing RecipientFilter of your Dynamic DG with Set-DynamicDistributionGroup. Of course, you will need to connect to O365 via PowerShell first.

For example:

-RecipientFilter {((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -and -not(Name -like 'ExcludeingUserName'))}

Reference:

Set-DynamicDistributionGroup - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123796.aspx
    Dynamic Distribution Group Properties > Filter Tab - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997950.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:39 AM

They would like to add a group and check members and the ability to exclude a few members only for this mail.

//Marika

Monday, February 6, 2017 10:07 AM
  • The is no way doing this in outlook client.
    Monday, February 6, 2017 10:32 AM
  • Ok, earlier in Exchange you had this function, but I assume that this is not possible in Office 365 or?

Monday, February 6, 2017 12:28 PM

//Marika

This is not possible via Outlook client. And to the best of my knowledge, this is no such an option in Office 365.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

• Marked as answer by Marika S Monday, February 20, 2017 12:57 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:40 PM