Windows 7 won't start RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, I did a scan on my laptop and it found 1 virus, it told me to restart and allow a scan on windows 7 to run before set up.  I did that and it found other infected files.  It gave me a choice to move to chest - clean - delete all.  I tried each in that order until it said it could do it.  So it started deleting files and then went to a black screen.  I rebooted and now it is just a black screen or attempts to run windows 7 and can't.  I let it sit for a few hours unplugged and started it again and it ran, but it ran poorly.  I can tell something is going on behind the scenes just don't know what. 

I went to start it up again today and now it's fighting to start up, sometimes a black screen, sometimes a grey one and then it stays there ....  What can I do?

Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:31 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Regarding the issue, I just wondering whether you could press F8 after Startup and use “Last Known Good Configuration” to boot Windows? If so, please check whether there any error message in Event Log.

From your description, this issue may be caused by corrupted system file. You may try “SFC /scannow” command and Startup Repair in Windows RE:

1.       Start up your computer, press F8,then chose system repair.(Or put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.)

2.       Press a key when you are prompted.

3.       Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.

4.       Click Repair your computer.

5.       Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6.       In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

7.       Type “SFC /scannow”, and then press ENTER. Then Check the result.

8.       Also try Startup Repair in the System Recovery Options dialog box,

Please post the result here. In case this problem still occurs, you may perform an In-Place upgrade to repair your system. However, the software you installed wouldn’t lost during in-place upgrade:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:22 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:34 AM