Skype for business default calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are currently using Skype for Business 2015 and I was wondering if there is some option how to unite the default option for calls. For some accounts the default option is to call directly to skype, but to some it is calling to their work phones which is kind of strange. Both users have their work phones in the same format in Active Directory so it seems quite random. Is there a possibility to unite these options so under both users there will be the same option where to call? Preferably to skype?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Lukas

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi LukasSt!

Can all users have a choice to choose which the call option they want to?

To my knowledge, you can select the contact and select the phone button. These choose one of the following options for the call: Work, New number, Skype call, Voice mail.  If you can see these options, I don’t understand why you want to unite it instead of letting users have more choice to select the call ways what they want.

If you want to user only call you in Skype, you can try to make your number invisible to contacts by not choosing the Include in my contact card check box next to the number. 

If you want to choose how you want Skype for Business to handle incoming calls when you are away from your work phone, you can try to set turn call forwarding in Skype for Business. For more details, you can refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-call-forwarding-options-in-skype-for-business-1ec2e7fb-471c-4c35-bc90-a35991b3f532?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:20 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your answer but I probably wrongly asked the question. All users should have the possibility to choose. I know that you can choose from options where to call, but without clicking on the little arrow next to it which gives you these options the "phone" button which is marked on my screenshot calls somewhere by default. The problem is that this option is not unite and sometimes as you can see on those screenshot the call is made directly via skype and sometimes the default option is to call directly to work phone. This vary user to user so my question is if this can be set that these "default" calls will be always to skype. To hide the number is not really an option as sometimes it is needed.

I have two different users which have both work number in their contact card but to one I can call ia this button directly to skype and to the second user I'm calling by default to work number.

I hope I made it more clearer.

I'm talking about this button:

Thank you.

Best Regards

Lukas

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 7:49 AM
  • So I just tested it and the button is based on last type call to that contact so i suppose it can't be predefined to always call to skype.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2020 10:27 AM
  • Hi LukasSt!

Thanks for your feedback!

I am afraid to tell you there is no way to change this button default calling options. As you said, the last type call to contact determined it.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Monday, April 27, 2020 1:37 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 1:23 AM