User Permissions RRS feed

• Question

•  I'm trying to assign Full Control permissions for a user to a sub-site (i.e. /intranet/site/site1).  I'm logged in as a Site Administrator, navigate to the site1, select Site Actions --> Site Settings --> advanced permissions and added the new user with FC permissions. When I login as the user navigate to site1 she doesn't have permissions to the site still. So I followed the same procedure but this time from the parent site and gave the user FC.  So when I look at the permissions on intranet the user has FC, when I look on site the user has FC and finally when I look on site1 the user has FC.  However, the user still can access the site but with limited permissions.  What am I doing wrong? and how do I give this user FC on a sub-site?

Thanks!

Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:30 PM

Answers

• maybe the user don't have access to master page galery, or other library that's used on the pages of that site.

try to go to Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Gelleries -> Master pages and page layouts -> check permissions on that library

• Marked as answer by Minor76 Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:10 PM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. To let you know also this is SharePoint 2007.

So if I go to Site Actions --> Site Settings --> Galleries, under that I see Master Pages and if I look at the permissions on the default master page the user has FC.

Any other suggestions?

Thursday, December 4, 2014 3:12 PM
  • Hello,

I believe somewhere permission has been broken. Have you checked the permission of style library? If not then please check.

>However, the user still can access the site but with limited permissions.

As you said user can access the site so you may need to edit the permission of user where you see limited access.

If you still face issue then delete user from parent and subsite. Then go to your subsite and break the permission then add that user once again. However user will automatically gets limited permission on parent level by default which can be edit later on.

Let us know your result

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Friday, December 5, 2014 6:41 AM

All replies

• maybe the user don't have access to master page galery, or other library that's used on the pages of that site.

try to go to Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Gelleries -> Master pages and page layouts -> check permissions on that library

Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. To let you know also this is SharePoint 2007.

So if I go to Site Actions --> Site Settings --> Galleries, under that I see Master Pages and if I look at the permissions on the default master page the user has FC.

Any other suggestions?

Thursday, December 4, 2014 3:12 PM
  • Hello,

I believe somewhere permission has been broken. Have you checked the permission of style library? If not then please check.

>However, the user still can access the site but with limited permissions.

As you said user can access the site so you may need to edit the permission of user where you see limited access.

If you still face issue then delete user from parent and subsite. Then go to your subsite and break the permission then add that user once again. However user will automatically gets limited permission on parent level by default which can be edit later on.

Let us know your result

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Friday, December 5, 2014 6:41 AM