SCCM client install (manual install using script) fails repeatedly RRS feed

• Question

• the ccmsetup.log fails with the below

-----------------

![LOG[Failed to install 'C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\wimgapi.msi' with retry-able error code 0x80070652. Will retry in 10 minutes.]LOG]!><time="18:12:19.770-660"

date="03-10-2015" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="2" thread="12800" file="msiutil.cpp:924">

------------------------------

However, I tried to install after rebooting and removing the install folders and registry keys the server. Same result. Also used systernals procexp and found that wimgapi.msi'  is not locked up.

The same install script was used in hundreds of other clients with no problem.

Did anyone have a similar issue? Of course I googled out, not none matches what I face..

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 7:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• 0x80070652 = Another installation is already in progress. Double check that.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Is this just one device?

A couple of things to try.

Copy your script to the local machine and run it from there.

Try installing the client manually locally without the script, is the script the cause?

Can you install the client via client push to the device?

Try a different account.

Anything weird in eventviewer?

Have a look in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\PendingFileRenameOperations

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:29 AM
  • Yep, that is what the log says.

However, I tried to install after rebooting and removing the install folders and registry keys the server. Same result. Also used systernals procexp and found that wimgapi.msi'  is not locked up.

The same install script was used in hundreds of other clients with no problem.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:16 PM
  • >

Copy your script to the local machine and run it from there.

Try installing the client manually locally without the script, is the script the cause?

--

I have been doing a local install via a script. I will try to doubleclick install and see if it is working. (never tried it before) 

Nothing weird in eventvwr. But of the registry keys mentioned, the first had some entry. I removed it and am trying the install again. Will report the results.

I never tried push install, but will give it a go if the above try fails/

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:20 PM