none
Project Server 2010 Web App Site doesn't work RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    We have a running Sharepoint Server 2010. The services for the project server are installed, too.

    I have setup the Web App "Project Server Service Application", added the content database from the productive project server database, created the Project Web App Site with the databases from the productive project server database.

    http://epmt.szgroup.net was provisioned. epm.szgroup.net is defined in DNS.

    The call of the Web App Site http://epmt.szgroup.net doesn't work. We get by "Connecting to epmt.szgroup.net" the Windows Security Window to login with a userid. But, it cannot login any user, which has the privileges and rights into the productive Project Server.

    Can someone help, please.

    Kind regards

    Peter


    Murol

    Monday, April 14, 2014 6:53 AM

Answers

  • I fixed this error (I am in the same company) and wanted to provide the findings, so this one is properly answered:

    The first guess was right - the error was a wrong SPN for the webapplication.

     

    Checked the SPN:

    setspn -Q http/URL 

    compared the account to the application pool account and they did not match.

    Deleted the wrong SPN:

    setspn -D http/daserver accountname

     

    Added the right SPN:

    setspn –s http/daserver accountname

     

    To troubleshoot kerberos I normally refer to

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/authentication_and_encryption/Troubleshooting-Kerberos-SharePoint-environment-Part1.html

    so kudos to the author.

     

    BR

    Philipp


    • Edited by Neologismus Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:49 AM formating
    • Marked as answer by Murol Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:48 AM

All replies

  • Did you configure Alternate Access Mappings or used host header option while creating web application?

    What was the Project site name in production http://compnay.com/PWA or http://company.com/EPM or something else?

    What is the status of PWA site on PWA provisioning page? which ID did you use?


    Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

    Monday, April 14, 2014 2:58 PM
    Moderator
  • I fixed this error (I am in the same company) and wanted to provide the findings, so this one is properly answered:

    The first guess was right - the error was a wrong SPN for the webapplication.

     

    Checked the SPN:

    setspn -Q http/URL 

    compared the account to the application pool account and they did not match.

    Deleted the wrong SPN:

    setspn -D http/daserver accountname

     

    Added the right SPN:

    setspn –s http/daserver accountname

     

    To troubleshoot kerberos I normally refer to

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/authentication_and_encryption/Troubleshooting-Kerberos-SharePoint-environment-Part1.html

    so kudos to the author.

     

    BR

    Philipp


    • Edited by Neologismus Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:49 AM formating
    • Marked as answer by Murol Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Thank you for your answer.

    We use http://epm.szgroup.net in production (without PWA). I don't know what you mean with Alternate Access Mappings or host header option. The IP-address is the same for all Web Applications (CollaborationT, MySite or EPMT and s.o.), so that alternate access mappings are configured. The "Configure alternate access mappings" shows a few internal URLs.

    The Project Web App Site is Provisioned:

    http://epmt.szgroup.net/                                Provisioned

    We think, it's a Kerberos problem with a wrong entry.


    Murol

    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:18 AM

  • the answer to Hrishis entry has overlapped with the other answer. Thank you Hrishi.

    Murol

    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:02 AM