none
issue to replicate for Domain tree to forest wide

Question

• Hi guys maybe someone can help me with this issue. I created a lab with three server 2012

DC1 Server 2012(Contoso.com) 

DC2Server 2012 Child domain(Newhampshire.contoso.com) 

DC3Server 2012 new tree domain under contoso.com forest(Miami.com)

I went to parent domain zone contoso.com and selected Forest wide replication and it appeared on child dns manager and on Domain tree on DC3.But when I go to DC3 which is domain tree Miami.com and right click it shows this option "All domain controller in this domain (for windows 2000 compatibility)" I have all server 2012 installed out of the box , When I changed to second option "all dns server running on DC in this domain:miami.com" a wizard pop up Warning:this zone no longer be hosted on DNS server running 2000.and DNS client or server that use those windows 2000 need to be updated " I don't have any server 2000. Now when I select first option to replicate  Miami.com to all forest and then wait for replication check on parent domain DNS Miami.com doesn't show up. When go to DC3 check settings for MIami.com zone it was reverted back to third option "all domain controller in this domain (for windows 2000 compatibility)". I changed back to replicate forest after 5 minutes it revert back to third option.

Should I create Miami.com zone under forest root dns manually on DC1 and then right click and  select the first option to change Miami.com to replicate forest wide ?

or

I don't have to create manually Miami.com under forest root but to go to DC3 and replicate forest wide ?

Can someone give any idea what is a correct way.

Thank you.

• Edited by mihai90 Monday, January 16, 2017 10:36 PM
    Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I created a lab with three server 2012 DC1 DC2 and DC3. DC1 is forest root let say contoso.local , DC2 is child of forest root Newhampshire.contoso.com , then I've created DC3 domain tree lets say Miami.com.

>>>Did you create a Miami.com on DC3 separated with DC1 contoso.com forest?

If yes, why did you need replicate between them?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any feedbacks?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 2:27 AM