none
Lync 2013 and Skype for Business status not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an issue at work with Lync 2013 and Skype for Business clients running on Windows 7 x64 (Lync 2013) and Windows 10 x64 (Skype for Business). I'm running Windows 10 x64 and Skype for Business (Office 2016 Pro x64) and almost every time I lock my computer (Win key + L) and logging in again, Skype for Businnes keeps showing 'Not available (yellow)'. I have to manually set it to 'Online'. Same thing happens if I receive a call. When the call is over, Skype for Business doesn't return to green from status red.

Any update?

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Huaque!

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Does this issue persist all the time?

If the issue happen with multiple users, then it may the Lync Server side issue. We recommend you check if there is any Lync related event log in Event Viewers.

In my research, Skype for Business status is related to calendar events. In order to narrow down the issue, you can follow these steps to check if this issue is related to calendar events:

• In the Skype for Business main window, click Options.
    • In Skype for Business - Options, click Personal.
    • Uncheck the Update my presence based on my calendar information check box.
    • Then, verify the skype for business client presence.

We also recommend you run the following command “Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus” to make sure if your CMS update to the latest status. For more details about this command, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus?view=skype-ps

Besides, try to clean the client cache or update your client to the newest version to see if it works.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Huaque!

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Does this issue persist all the time?

If the issue happen with multiple users, then it may the Lync Server side issue. We recommend you check if there is any Lync related event log in Event Viewers.

In my research, Skype for Business status is related to calendar events. In order to narrow down the issue, you can follow these steps to check if this issue is related to calendar events:

• In the Skype for Business main window, click Options.
    • In Skype for Business - Options, click Personal.
    • Uncheck the Update my presence based on my calendar information check box.
    • Then, verify the skype for business client presence.

We also recommend you run the following command “Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus” to make sure if your CMS update to the latest status. For more details about this command, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus?view=skype-ps

Besides, try to clean the client cache or update your client to the newest version to see if it works.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:08 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:55 AM