Unable to break links RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to break/delete links between documents in excel and this is causing multiple error messages when opening the excel sheet. It is happening for all excel sheets that have links in them.
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did your files contain any data validation or name manage?

I suggest you go to File- Info- Check for Issues- select Check Compatibility and check the result.

Please check if there are any lists link to other file locations, try to remove the list.

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, March 22, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hi Emi,

Many thanks. I have tried this and I am still getting the error.

Many thanks for your help,

Ryan 

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

If possible you can try to share your problem files.

Regards,

Emi

Friday, April 5, 2019 6:31 AM