none
An existing in-progress deployment was found: MDT 2013 U2 RRS feed

• Question

• MDT 2013 U2 <o:p></o:p>

hi all,<o:p></o:p>

I have weird issue with MDT Image on windows 10 <o:p></o:p>

When I image first time I get following error message, after post installation<o:p></o:p>

So I ran diskpart and clean, <o:p></o:p>

Rerun installation, works fine.

<o:p></o:p>

Rerun installation again on same computer (cleanup Minint or _smstas…folder on c: drive), I get same message after post installation “an existing in-progress deployment was found…..”<o:p></o:p>

Looks like only happen to Dell OptiPlex 7020 model so far.<o:p></o:p>

The log files are attach, really didn’t tell me anything.<o:p></o:p>

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvrwFkn-ASCWiCtk61Yl84dmz7FF<o:p></o:p>

any thought\suggestion?<o:p></o:p>

orion

Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:47 PM

All replies

• The most likely issue is there is an unexpected reboot happening.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, November 11, 2016 12:20 AM
  • thx for your reply,

I just created new TS, no customization, different model and same message. There got be something else because just created new TS without any customization with different model.

orion

Friday, November 11, 2016 9:11 PM
  • The other big possibility is you have your MDT boot media as your first boot device.  You need to have your HDD as your first boot device.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, November 11, 2016 9:32 PM
  • i am booting with UEFI with secure boot. i don't see any setup for changing boot sequence when you change to UEFI. 

Just tested with vm, it works perfectly fine. any more suggestion??/

orion

Friday, November 11, 2016 11:59 PM
  • I am fairly certain that is your issue.  I don't have any other suggestion because that won't be the answer.

Saturday, November 12, 2016 12:15 AM
  • Hi Orion, 

Reading your logs shows that MDT is hanging when entering State restore phase. The logs doesn't give details on Why (Let's hope for you that this not related to this: https://keithga.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/mdt-uberbug08-task-sequencer-crash/), but that's clearly the cause your popping Window.

Regards,

Diagg

Monday, November 14, 2016 10:16 AM
  • Yes, it is first reboot where it should configure drivers ater postinstall, it never does...just giving me this message...

orion

Monday, November 14, 2016 8:48 PM
  • so if i take USB drive out before postinstall, installation continue....otherwise it boots back to winpe...any thoughts? I am using UEFI, formating USB drive with FAT32

orion

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:37 PM
  • Did you find a solution? All my TS now reboot into WinPE before Post Install and then of course fails.
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:42 PM
  • No, i never did. so i am just taking my flash drive out before it boots first time.

My guess would be if you are doing any action before post, is failing.

orion

Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:53 PM
  • I'm having this issue happen to me but it is different: I get the error message after the HDD is imaged but before it reboots. The USB boot drive is never the first device so that is not the issue in my case. I have noticed it only happens on certain models so I am thinking this is driver related. I managed to solve it for one Dell Optiplex 7040 by updating the drivers in my Deployment Share. However, the problem still happens on some Latitudes, especially the latest models.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:04 PM
  • what drivers did you update? i have download every newest i can possibly think about it.

orion

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:09 AM
  • what drivers did you update? i have download every newest i can possibly think about it.

orion

Look at the FAQ for hints on troubleshooting missing drivers.

• Marked as answer by Ultra9.99 Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ultra9.99 Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:35 PM
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:28 AM
  • thanks for your FAQ, i wasn't missing drivers.

i was just asking Mario E. Veras if any special updated drivers causing this ?

orion

Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:37 PM
  • I would start a support case with Microsoft.  I would bet money that it is either a driver issue or you don't have your boot order set such that HDD is before your MDT media.

Friday, May 5, 2017 9:51 AM
  • I can confirm this issue with ADK 1703 and MDT 8443. A fresh ADK 1607 and MDT 8443 (or earlier) works fine on all test machines (I test on 3 totally different machines). Both test environments had same driver packs and was tested with a clean OEM Windows 10x64 1703.
    • Edited by lyngsie Friday, May 5, 2017 10:41 AM
    Friday, May 5, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Really just sounds like a boot order problem to me too.
    Friday, May 5, 2017 8:15 PM
  • Same here. I'm using MDT 8443 and ADK 1703 to In-Place Upgrade from W7 and W10 1511 to W10 1703, and start seeing this behavior. In the previous version (MDT 8330 and ADK 1511, which was used to upgrade to W10 1511) it didn't happen.

It is happening *only* on physical computers., not on VMs.

Also, it is an IPU performed online (no media), so the boot order is not an issue on my machines.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:01 AM