Internet Add Ons are disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I thought SteadyState would be great way to lock down my PC for my daughter to only use the internet.  She likes www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies but some of the games on that site use Flash so they don't work because that is a disabled add on.  How can I enable them?

Many thanks,

Darmelabi

Friday, June 22, 2007 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    you can clear box "Third party extension buttion"  under  Feature Restrictions>Internet Explorer Restriction>toolbar options. Or you can set the Feature Restrictions level for the user profile to medium instead of high regarding.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    you can clear box "Third party extension buttion"  under  Feature Restrictions>Internet Explorer Restriction>toolbar options. Or you can set the Feature Restrictions level for the user profile to medium instead of high regarding.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 6:30 AM
  • Cheers dude, setting the Feature Restrictions to medium worked perfect.  I might try and restrict one feature at a time to disable other features.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 7:45 PM
  •  

>>> you can clear box "Third party extension buttion"  under  Feature Restrictions>Internet Explorer Restriction>toolbar options.

From the UI it is unclear whether the check boxes in the Toolbar Options section are used to "prevent" the use of the items or whether they "enable" the use of the items.  The UI here is ambiguous.    The other items of the Feature Restrictions clearly label their behavior - the Toolbar Options section is not adequately labeled.  (I just wasted several hours due to this.  Please fix this in the future releases.)

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:19 AM
  • Hello,

I have tried the tip above, all my add-ons are systematically being disabled. I am running XP Home SP2.

There is no way, by setting any security level, even low, to get any of the add-ons to work.

I need the Sun Java console add-on.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Naji

Friday, July 11, 2008 1:11 PM