none
Group Policy Audit?

Question

• Hi all,

I am currently looking at an environment that has almost 1000 Group Policy Object applied, and I need to understand what they do, which are still enabled but not being applied to any computers or user objects, and if any settings are being duplicated.

Are good starting points to get the ball rolling would be a great help

Thanks loads

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• check out https://sdmsoftware.com/group-policy-management-products/group-policy-reporting-pak/

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Thanks Don. I have taken a look at that product and it's quite useful for comparing GPOs (up to 4 GPOs). However, the environment I am looking at is in a real state and in the first instance I just needed to get the GPOs and settings into an excel format to then be able to get a high-level overview.
    Monday, February 06, 2017 10:15 AM
  • it can be a little like a rubiks cube (and I'm not good with those)... :(

which settings are in which GPOs which are linked to which OUs/Sites and with what precedence... tangled up mess happens easily.
    and if you inject Loopback Processing into the mix, with Preferences+ILT, phew..

maybe you could ask SDM for some tips, if they have a product, or an approach (which involves the use of their product) they would be keen to help, I'd think :)

[I am not a rep for them BTW. Just that Darren etc have been doing this stuff for a long time]

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Monday, February 06, 2017 8:45 PM
  • > I have taken a look at that product and it's quite useful for comparing GPOs (up to 4 GPOs).

Maybe you should check out Darrens other products, especially https://sdmsoftware.com/group-policy-management-products/group-policy-compliance-manager/
    It will create reports for all your computers which is a good starting point to deep dive into your GPO dependencies.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 12:45 PM