Outlook 2013 - Delegated "Send as" Emails Stuck in Outbox RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that has "send as" permissions and full access control to a secondary email account in Outlook 2013 on an Exchange 2010 server from a Windows 10 PC.  Up until Tuesday she was able to "send as" the secondary email account with no issues.  After her computer rebooted from patching she was no longer able to "send as".  The emails immediately go to the outbox of the secondary email account and stay there.  I have tried both cached and non-cached mode.  Neither works. I have tried completely deleting all mailboxes and also the profile and recreating it and it is still not working.  I have set the secondary email as primary and it still doesn't work. I could not find a "DelegateSentItemsStyle" registry key so I created it and set it to 0.  This didn't work so I tried 1.  Still didn't work.  I am not seeing any errors in event log.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 4:43 PM

Answers

• I started her outlook in safe mode and that did not help.  

I had her attempt to "send as" in OWA but that option wasn't even available.  

I found the solution in another forum.  I removed all of her access to the second email account and gave her full control access to the mailbox using this command in the Exchange Console

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity Mailboxname  -User Username -AccessRight FullAccess  -Automapping $false

I then went back into the exchange manager, verified that she had full control access and then gave her "send as" rights.  She verified that she was able to successfully "send as" from the second account.  

I am still not sure what caused the issue as it was working and we didn't make any changes to her access or to her account but it is now working.

• Marked as answer by WacoWolf Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:09 PM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Given this situation, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

Besides, it is also suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

In addition, if possible, please give this user another email account' delegate access and test.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 14, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Have not had a chance to try out your suggestions but I will let you know if it worked as soon as I do.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:18 AM
  • I started her outlook in safe mode and that did not help.  

I had her attempt to "send as" in OWA but that option wasn't even available.  

I found the solution in another forum.  I removed all of her access to the second email account and gave her full control access to the mailbox using this command in the Exchange Console

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity Mailboxname  -User Username -AccessRight FullAccess  -Automapping $false

I then went back into the exchange manager, verified that she had full control access and then gave her "send as" rights.  She verified that she was able to successfully "send as" from the second account.  

I am still not sure what caused the issue as it was working and we didn't make any changes to her access or to her account but it is now working.

• Marked as answer by WacoWolf Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:09 PM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:09 PM