Hide Network tab on clients? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to hide the "Network" tab on the Configuration Manager 2012 client, or restrict editing by end-user? If not, what happens if a user starts to fill in a lot of crap in the fields there?

We do not have clients that needs managment via Internet.

Regards Per Eriksson

• Edited by eriksper Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:30 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi eriksper,

AFAIK we cannot hide the 'network' tab on the congifuration manager 2012 properties. But on client to modify the Network setting you should have administrator rights. the local users cannot modify the network setting on client properties.

Thanks

Praveen S.

• Marked as answer by eriksper Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:14 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

I think there was a question regarding that a while ago and there is currently now way to hide the different tabs in the configuration manager control panel applet. I guess you end users are local admins as it the "configure settings" button requires elevation when using UAC.

If the user starts filling in stuff there it should still work as a intranet client.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by eriksper Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:45 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think there was a question regarding that a while ago and there is currently now way to hide the different tabs in the configuration manager control panel applet. I guess you end users are local admins as it the "configure settings" button requires elevation when using UAC.

If the user starts filling in stuff there it should still work as a intranet client.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by eriksper Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:45 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:44 AM
  • Thanks!

Regards Per Eriksson

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Hi eriksper,

AFAIK we cannot hide the 'network' tab on the congifuration manager 2012 properties. But on client to modify the Network setting you should have administrator rights. the local users cannot modify the network setting on client properties.

Thanks

Praveen S.

• Marked as answer by eriksper Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:14 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:47 AM