none
Exchange 2007 mailboxes randomly dismounted error 1032 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

The exchange has been occurring randomly dismount all the mailbox datastores everyday.

At first I thought it was the database which is too big (About 100GB) and I have move all mailboxes to 3 databases which is much smaller.

However the problem doesn't seems to go away

Error message as follows

MSExchangeIS (8572) First Storage Group: An attempt to open the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E00.log" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ".  The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

MSExchangeIS (8572) First Storage Group: Error -1032 (0xfffffbf8) occurred while opening a newly-created logfile C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E00.log.

MSExchangeIS (8572) First Storage Group: The logfile sequence in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\" has been halted due to a fatal error.  No further updates are possible for the databases that use this logfile sequence.  Please correct the problem and restart or restore from backup.

An error occurred while writing to the database log file of storage group "First Storage Group". Attempting to unmount all databases in this storage group.

MSExchangeIS (8572) First Storage Group: Unable to rollback operation #3767362 on database F:\User Mailbox\FT Mailbox database.edb. Error: -510. All future database updates will be rejected.

I search around and saying it could be antivirus but I have disabled it and it still happen.

Any other advise would be appreciated

Regards

Sean

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:24 AM

Answers

• On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:49:58 +0000, tiamat00 wrote:

>Yes we do have 3rd party backup software 'shadow protect" to do the backup.
    >
    >Will disable it and monitor for a while.
    >
    >
    >
    >Antivirus has already been disabled.

That may not be sufficient. Stopping the service doesn't remove the
    device driver. Uninstall the A/V software.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Hi

Did you try what Rich said?

Also I fould a KB talking about your issue, perhaps it can solve your problem

Event ID 490 is logged, and you receive the following error message when you try to mount the mailbox store or the public store in Exchange Server: "ID No: c1041724"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823022

You can try the RESOLUTION for Exchange 2007

Hope that works

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 28, 2012 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Quick question here , do you have any third party software installed on exchange server for backup , antivirus or replication ? If so , can you disable the services for a while and check the status ?

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Hi Saleesh,

thanks for replying.

Yes we do have 3rd party backup software 'shadow protect" to do the backup.

Will disable it and monitor for a while.

Antivirus has already been disabled.

Sean

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:49 AM
  • On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:49:58 +0000, tiamat00 wrote:

>Yes we do have 3rd party backup software 'shadow protect" to do the backup.
    >
    >Will disable it and monitor for a while.
    >
    >
    >
    >Antivirus has already been disabled.

That may not be sufficient. Stopping the service doesn't remove the
    device driver. Uninstall the A/V software.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Hi

Did you try what Rich said?

Also I fould a KB talking about your issue, perhaps it can solve your problem

Event ID 490 is logged, and you receive the following error message when you try to mount the mailbox store or the public store in Exchange Server: "ID No: c1041724"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823022

You can try the RESOLUTION for Exchange 2007

Hope that works

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 28, 2012 8:56 AM