Adding e-mail account to Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to add my university staff email to outlook accounts. I can find IMAP or POP setting to do it that way. It's supposed to be a microsoft exchange account but it won't connect that way either. The domain for the email address is @uwe.ac.uk. Here's the information I have, any help is GREATLY appreciated (been trying for hours)

Mailbox owner: *****
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36
    Outlook Web Access experience: Basic
    User language: English (United Kingdom)
    User time zone: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
    Exchange mailbox address: /o=UWEMAIL/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=*****
    Outlook Web Access host address: http://owa.uwe.ac.uk/owa
    Outlook Web Access version: 8.3.342.1
    Outlook Web Access host name: owa.uwe.ac.uk
    Client Access server name: egen-cas02.campus.ads.uwe.ac.uk
    Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.4247
    Client Access server operating system version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    Client Access server operating system language: en-US
    Microsoft Exchange Client Access server version: 8.3.83.0
    Client Access server language: en-US
    Client Access server time zone: GMT Standard Time
    Microsoft Exchange Client Access server platform: 64bit
    Mailbox server name: EGEN-MBX02.campus.ads.uwe.ac.uk
    Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 8.3.83.0
    Other Microsoft Exchange server roles currently installed on the Client Access server:
    Authentication type associated with this Outlook Web Access session: Basic
    Public logon: No
    I have replaced my personal information (name & email) with *****
    Monday, April 7, 2014 2:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, we can understand that you want to configure an Exchange account in your Outlook client.

Generally, if you are setting up an Exchange connection to your email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013, the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard would appear to help you set the account. After filling in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings and Password in Auto Account Setup page, Outlook will automatically connect to Exchange server and configure your account.

If the auto-configuration fails, we can also try to Manual setup or additional server types in Control Panel > Mail. When adding account in Server Settings, we can type your Mailbox server name(EGEN-MBX02.campus.ads.uwe.ac.uk) in Server box, then fill in your email address in User Name box and Check Name. Also check Use Cached Exchange Mode and Next to type name and passwords to finish it.

If there is any error during the configuration, please post the error here for more troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:16 AM
  • I've tried doing that & it comes back with 

"The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

& if I try to do it through outlook it says I can't manually configure with outlook open.

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Since you can access the mailbox in OWA, it indicates that your Exchange server is available. When you manually configure your account, we must close Outlook client and set up the account in Control Panel. Here are some references about Outlook account configuration:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/support/set-up-your-office-365-or-other-exchange-based-email-in-outlook-2010-or-outlook-2013-HA102823161.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/add-an-email-account-by-using-advanced-settings-HA010371264.aspx

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 14, 2014 3:19 AM