OCS 2007 R2 integration with PBX RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi,
    in this days my company needs to buy a voice gatway to work with our Panasonic PBX "legacy PBX" to able to integrate with OCS 2007 r2 to communicate every where, so i need your expert help in find the recommendation about which device should we go throu and how can i test this device effectivlly. as i am not expert in telecommunication devices,
    if any one has any helpfull URLs of any ideas please share with me.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks and regards

aafifi
    • Moved by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:05 AM (From:UC Integration)
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:42 PM

All replies

• You should start off by looking at the list of certified Gateway devices.  Look at only the items with a Configuration Type of Basic Gateway or Basic Hybrid; ignore the IP-PBX items: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ocs/bb735838.aspx#direct

The most common devices used are typically the Dialogic DMG2000 and the Quintum Tenor DX.  Both offer detailed configuration documents in their websites for OCS integration.

And it's pretty simple to setup a test environment in that you can connect the gateway to your PBX via a standard T1/E1 cable (depending on where you are in the world) and then after configuring Enterprise Voice in OCS just enable a few user accounts.  If you have additional numbers in your PBX's numbering plan (preferably a contiguous block) then you can configure the PBX to route those numbers over to the gateway and then just give additional numbers to the few OCS users and not impact their current desk phone extensions.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:07 PM