New Themes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    Is there anywhere were I download all the regional  backgroud theme wallpapers together so that I can use them all on rotation?

I have downloaded all the regional themes - is there anyway I can now select all the wallpapers and use them all on rotation? (presently it's one theme at a time)

or must I create a new folder and copy and paste each regional wallpaper into it, then point to that destination and select them all?

Oh, how many official regional background wallpapers are there as I seem to have seen different photos in Brazil and in the UK

Many thanks

PS I'm really happy with Win7

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:29 PM

Answers

• I have a separate folder and it contains all the background wallpapers that I have collected from the Beta, RC and RTM versions for all the countries.

You will find them in the hidden folder C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT. There are photographs in the Wallpaper folder for 6 countries.

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:06 PM
  • So far I know is that the best thing you could do is search for the map that contains the themes, copy all wallpapers to one folder and use that folder for your wallpapers. You can also download them at onces. Search at google for: "Windows 7 Regional wallpapers" and click the first link (called Download Windows 7 Regional Wallpapers Pack (102 Wallpapers - 60MB)) I don't know if that are all the wallpapers, but I guess that it are enough at least for now!

There are indeed different regional theme packs. The ones online are the extra ones, I thought. Because I have a Dutch version of Windows 7 Ultimate, which contains other wallpapers than the one that is online for my country.

You could also have seen wallpapers from the RC/Beta version of Windows 7 which also differ a bit, I thought.
    • Edited by daank Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:30 PM Found more information
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:27 PM
  • In addition, I would like to share the following websites based on my research. It might be helpful.

Windows 7 Regional Themes and Wallpapers Free Download (Japan, German, Australia, Canada, South Africa, UK, US)

Add All Regional Themes To Windows 7

Creating, Saving, Sharing Themes in Windows 7

Disclaimer: we provide third party link for references, Microsoft doesn't guarantee any change in this website.

Best Regards
    Dale

Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:54 AM

All replies

• I have a separate folder and it contains all the background wallpapers that I have collected from the Beta, RC and RTM versions for all the countries.

You will find them in the hidden folder C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT. There are photographs in the Wallpaper folder for 6 countries.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:06 PM
  • Hi

Since I made the post a couple of hours ago I've been copying and pasting all the photos into one folder - 240 of them.       I feel like I've been 'round the world twice :-/

put them into ...\globalization\mct and created a theme pointing the background location to that folder.

I'm also surprised Microsoft didn't include Universe/space theme or an antarctic one....... world wildlife... ??
    • Edited by Mantari Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:59 PM
  • Without sounding patronising, well done!
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:15 PM
  • So far I know is that the best thing you could do is search for the map that contains the themes, copy all wallpapers to one folder and use that folder for your wallpapers. You can also download them at onces. Search at google for: "Windows 7 Regional wallpapers" and click the first link (called Download Windows 7 Regional Wallpapers Pack (102 Wallpapers - 60MB)) I don't know if that are all the wallpapers, but I guess that it are enough at least for now!

There are indeed different regional theme packs. The ones online are the extra ones, I thought. Because I have a Dutch version of Windows 7 Ultimate, which contains other wallpapers than the one that is online for my country.

You could also have seen wallpapers from the RC/Beta version of Windows 7 which also differ a bit, I thought.
    • Edited by daank Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:30 PM Found more information
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:27 PM
  • In addition, I would like to share the following websites based on my research. It might be helpful.

Windows 7 Regional Themes and Wallpapers Free Download (Japan, German, Australia, Canada, South Africa, UK, US)

Add All Regional Themes To Windows 7

Creating, Saving, Sharing Themes in Windows 7

Disclaimer: we provide third party link for references, Microsoft doesn't guarantee any change in this website.

Best Regards
    Dale

Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:54 AM
  • Many thanks everyone for your inputs. They are much appreciated :-)

If you ever come across an official Nasa or Antartica theme pls let me know

Best wishes
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:31 AM