How do you create a new resource group from the new portal? RRS feed

• Question

• There's no option for new resource group when you click the "+" button. Am I missing something?

• Edited by mticb Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:44 PM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Recommend you to see Create My Azure Resources on how to create a New resource group from the New Portal.

You can also use New-AzureResourceGroup command to create a New resource group from Powershell.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:24 PM
  • The page that you linked tells you how to create a resource using Visual Studio. I'm asking about how to create an empty resource group without having to create the resource. You can create an affinity group without creating a resource. Why can't you do the same with a resource group?
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:32 PM
  • Hi mticb,

As far as I know, we couldn't create an empty resource group in azure preview portal, please vote this similar feedback at: http://feedback.azure.com/forums/223579-azure-preview-portal/suggestions/6182477-create-resource-groups, sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 3, 2014 2:59 AM